FWD In Health Detox
Please note this info will be emailed to you. Please check your spam/junk folder and promotions tab for gmail users.
Welcome to the FWD 5 Day Healthy Reset! I am SO thrilled that you are here and that you've made a positive choice for yourself and your health! ROCK ON!
If you are reading this, you are signed up! So here's what to expect and next steps, so you get all the information you need before we begin
- 5 day meal plan of plant-based, nutrient dense meals for breakfast, lunch + dinner that eliminates common food allergens (wheat, soy, dairy, refined grains, corn, peanuts) and processed foods. Some recipes include eggs and fish. Recipes + shopping lists included. Link to download below! This will be emailed to you as well.
- (Optional) guided intermittent fast to kick-off the program- you will be getting more details on this as we get closer to the start date.
- Daily coaching guidance to help keep you motivated, making progress, and on track to a healthier, happier YOU! (This will come via email)
- My top tools for strengthening your mentality around making sustainable change, worksheets + video tools via my Mentality Toolkit (below).
- Facebook Community Support Group
- 2 Live Group Coaching Calls- Full details to be released the weekend before we begin!
- VIP Level includes 1 personalized coaching session (30 minutes). Please note, you have 30 days to take advantage of this coaching session (valid through 3/23/2020)
BEFORE YOU READ FURTHER: Please note that in order to receive all emails for the program, please white list and prioritize all emails from me, email@example.com. If you use Gmail, please be sure to drag these conversations to your Primary Inbox to be sure you don't miss any!
QUICK N DIRTY LINKS IF YOU'RE FEELING LAZY RIGHT NOW:
MEAL PLAN + RECIPES <-------- DOWNLOAD THIS
FWD RESET FACEBOOK GROUP<-------- JOIN THIS
MENTALITY TOOLKIT <-------- READ THIS
SAVE THE DATE! Monday 1/24 + Wednesday 1/26 at 8pm we will have our group coaching calls via Zoom. Full details to come!
NEW! TOOLS TO HELP YOU SUCCEED
NEW this year I have also included mentality tools to help you kick your self-sabotaging habits and limiting beliefs to the curb. Because who needs that $#!t? Framing your mentality around making change is KEY to making it sustainable. We’ll dig beyond the surface and establish a healthy mental framework for you and your unique goals in this program. And you’ll learn some of my tools that I personally use to keep my wheels in motion for progress.
You'll find the following exercises:
1. Lay the Foundation- Identify what you what to accomplish in this program.
2. Visualize Success- Visualization is a key component of making change and succeeding picturing it already happening will make your brain see how it can be possible to execute.
3. Gratitude Exercise- When you are grateful, TRULY thankful and appreciate for what you DO have in life, it changes your perspective and opens up your heart. It allows you to see things differently and, in turn, stop you from beating yourself up about what you don't have.
4. Banish Your $#!tty Beliefs- I'll teach you how to get out of your own way and give you some grace to believe that you CAN achieve your goals. Because you can.
We kick off this detox with a LIVE guided intermittent fasting starting after dinner on Sunday 1/23.
If you are choosing to participate in the fast (which is totally optional), you have the option of going the full 24 hours, or starting out with something more manageable like 12-16 hours, and seeing how your body reacts and going from there.
If you are NEW to fasting: I recommend you listen to your body. Only partake in what you can handle, and what feels good. Start with 12 hours (and yes- that does include time sleeping too!) and see how you feel from there.
The goal with fasting is to give your body a break from digesting food, so that it can reset, refresh, and enter stored fat burning mode. Giving your body a break from digesting will also allow your bowels to full move through (so you may find you feel much less bloated, have more energy, and you can think clearly).
Below are some pointers to get you through the program successfully:
1. Your last meal before the fast: While it might be tempting to completely overload yourself with every food in your kitchen pantry, and loads of "naughty" foods because you're going to not eat for a while, I think you know this is not my recommended approach. I recommend eating regularly up until you start the fast. Your last meal should include quality protein and quality fats of some sort, as this will fuel your body and keep you satiated. It's okay to have your last meal be a little larger than normal. But you want to make sure you're including both macro and micronutrients in your meals so that you're getting well-rounded nutrition as opposed to junk which has no nutritional value, and will only leave you hangry and craving for more. Here's an image of my last meal I consumed before my first fast in the Spring. A grassfed burger (quality protein) topped with avocado (healthy fat) and veggies, and a side of sweet potato fries. The healthiest? Maybe not, but I chose quality and it kept me full I'd say at least past breakfast the next morning.
2. Some notes on the fast: If fasting is a new concept for you, I want you to be very mindful of how this feels on your body. I would recommend starting with a 12 hour fast if you are feeling cautious, and see how you feel. I will be doing the full 24 hours, but please know not this is not required. Fasting is meant to be a time for your body to use its stored energy sources, and also to allow your digestive system a break to fully recover and restore. This is a time of healing and rejuvenation for your body. You will feel tired, and hungry at certain times. It is important to STAY HYDRATED, and also to limit your physical exercise and exertion and allow yourself rest. If you feel like you need to eat something, that is OKAY! I would recommend that you follow the guidelines in your meal plan and stick with something small, chew your bites and I recommend it being a vegetable as this is low in sugar and high in fiber and phyto nutrients and vitamins. Green juices are also OKAY, too- especially if you're going the full 24 hours- but PLEASE- no sugar in these juices (or opt for something like lemon).
3. Mindfulness and intentions. There is a reason why you signed up for this program. I want you to keep a journal with you throughout each day. Set intentions for yourself on what you hope to achieve for these 4 days. It could be a shift in mindset, a feeling, or a new habit. This will help keep you on track when you have the desire to derail. YOU CAN DO THIS! Keep track of your progress in a journal. Record how you're feeling during the fast, post-fast, and throughout each day/meal on the detox plan. This will be a great way to reflect on your progress.
4. Accountability. Making change is not always fun or easy. In fact, that's why coaches like me exist! We all need extra support and encouragement sometimes. That's why, if you're going to go full-on into this detox, I recommend you tell someone that you're doing it. It could be a loved on, a significant other, a friend, or a coworker. Or, you could put it on social media. Whatever works for you! My intention here is that when you put this out into the world, you'll have some social accountability and encouragement! And hey, if that person wants to do this with you, AWESOME! It's always better with a buddy!
5. Follow me on social throughout this process! You can find me on Instagram @jamiefwd. I will be documenting my journey with the fast, the meal plan/prep and also providing tips and suggestions. You can find me on Instagram or Facebook . Use #fwdinhealth when sharing on social media so I can show YOU some love!
6. Join the FWD Reset Facebook Group This group is exclusively created for all of the participants in the program. This is a safe space where you can encourage each other, ask questions, provide feedback, share your progress, pictures, anything you'd like related to the detox. I just ask that you keep it supportive and positive. We're all in this together!
Of course, if you have any questions throughout the program, please let me know!
Here are some resources on fasting if you're interested to explore: